- Expert Meetings at Trade Fairs and Conferences
- Alumni Seminars in Partner Countries
- DWA Seminars
You will be directed to the group GAWN member once you are registered on APD. Members will get latest informations on upcoming seminars and other news out of the water sector.
Log in to the GAWN Member Group on APD
German Alumni Expert Seminar in combination with the International Trade Fair IFAT India 2019
International DAAD Alumni Expert Seminar “Environmental Strategies and Water Technologies” at the SCMS Water Institute (SWI), Kochi, Kerala from 08th to 15th October 2019
in combination with visit of the International Trade Fair IFAT India
16th to 18th October 2019, Mumbai, India
Application deadline: 30th May 2019
On behalf of the Alumni Special Projects Program, German Academic Exchange Service the Centre for International Capacity Development (CICD) at University of Siegen conducts the alumni expert seminar “Environmental Strategies and Water Technologies” at Kochi, Kerala, India followed by a visit to the International Trade Fair IFAT India at Mumbai, India.
The expert seminar is organised in close cooperation with the Section Sewage and Waste Technologies at University of Siegen, the SCMS Water Institute (SWI), SCMS School of Engineering and Technology, and the German Association for Water management, Waste water and Waste (DWA).
The participation at the expert seminar including the IFAT India is scheduled from 08th October (day of arrival) to 19th October 2019 (day of departure). The seminar will be conducted at the SCMS Water Institute (SWI), Kochi, Kerala; thereafter participants will visit the international trade fair IFAT India at Mumbai (16th to 18th October 2019)
The objectives of the seminar reflect the topics of the trade fair: Water Management, Water Sewage, Reuse and Recycling. The seminar will concentrate on:
- Increased sensitisation for sustainable use and management of the resource water,
- Improved networking of the local actors, and
- Exchange of experiences and strategies available in the region regarding the efficient use of water and water distribution systems, waste water collection and waste water treatment, and technologies to measure and control water pollution including laboratory techniques.
In preparation of IFAT India, existing contacts between educational institutes, authorities and the business sector in South India will be demonstrated. Concepts shall be developed to improve cooperation on national as well as on international level in South East and South Asia.
Alumni shall demonstrate links between private sector, Government institutions and Universities in their home countries and develop mechanisms to improve their relations. The network GAWN and activities of alumni related to water management might be highlighted at IFAT India.
The seminar will have two parts:
- Six days seminar at SCMS Water Institute (SWI): Presentations of alumni, German lecturers and guest speakers from South Indian organizations and institutions will focus on water use efficiency, waste water treatment, water distribution systems, and measurement and control mechanisms for water quality and pollution. New types of learning material will be demonstrated and actively used in working groups. The cooperation of business sector with universities and public private partnerships in preparation of the fair will be demonstrated. A one day excursion or a visit of an institution in the vicinity of Kochi will allow insight into practice, and possibly demonstrate existing German – Indian cooperation in the water sector
- Three days visit of the international trade fair IFAT India. A common presentation at the fair shall be organised. Posters highlighting the Alumni network might be presented at the IFAT India. Side events at the fair will be organised in cooperation with DAAD and DWA.
Eligible for participation are persons who meet the following requirements:
German university alumni from South Asian and South East Asian developing countries (DAC countries). A stay in Germany of at least 3 months for study, work or scientific research purposes has to be proven.
Candidates preferably are:
- Working in the field of water, water and waste water management or similar disciplines
- Acting as multipliers, e.g. people who are decision makers or people who are in a position to disseminate the acquired knowledge
- Postgraduate level
Adequate language proficiency which is essential to actively participate in the workshops and discussions as the seminar will be held in English
If you are interested, please
and follow the procedures described.
Send your application by latest 30th May 2019 via e-mail to:
Mr. Ruger Winnegge email@example.com
Special offer for alumni who are active in teaching
For two alumni who are active in teaching, DAAD offers the opportunity to bring three of their current students to the fair IFAT India 2019 in Mumbai.
The selected alumni are expected to accompany and supervise their students during the three-day fair.
In order to promote the students' insights into practice and to establish contacts for subject related networks, the DAAD in cooperation with the German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste (DWA) will also provide suitable programme items for the students.
Students will only be invited for the duration of the fair.
The DAAD will pay the students' subsistence and travel expenses as well as any expenses incurred for visas and health insurance abroad.
If you are an alumna/us who is active in teaching and would like to bring three of your students to IFAT India 2019, please send your motivation letter (max. 1 page) by answering the following questions:
- Why is the participation in IFAT India 2019 of special interest for my students?
- How can my students benefit from participating (e.g. practical relevance, networking, future job market etc.)?
- How can my students report on their participation and share their acquired knowledge (e.g. social media, seminar presentation etc.)?
DAAD in cooperation with the University of Siegen will select the two alumni alongside these criteria. The representation of Indian Universities and Universities from the sub-continent will be taken into consideration as well.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us your motivation letter (max. 1 page) together with further application documents.
Working Group GAWN
- DWA - German Association for Water, Waste water and Waste
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, ITT - Institute for Technology in the Tropics
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Institute for Sanitary Engineering
- University of Bonn, Institute for Geography
- University of Siegen, Centre for International Capacity Development
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty for Geoscience, Geotechnique and Mining
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Resources Engineering - a water oriented master study program
- Ruhr Universität Bochum, Institute for Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
- Technische Universität Dresden, Institute of Hydraulic Engineering and Technical Hydrodynamics