You will be directed to the group GAWN member once you are registered on APD. Members will get latest informations on upcoming seminars and other news out of the water sector.
Log in to the GAWN Member Group on APD
WELCOME TO THE GERMAN ALUMNI WATER NETWORK GAWN
The German Alumni Water Network has been established to better coordinate activities for former students of German Universities and development associations in Germany. It provides contact information from and for DAAD Alumni and Alumnae active in the the water sector online. Members will get latest information on upcoming seminars and other news out of the water sector.
The Network is coordinated by the working group "GAWN" (see box ⇒). Synergies with the German Water Partnership are also established.
Interested German Universities are cordially invited to join the Coordination team of GAWN at any time convenient.
The online magazine " DAAD Letter" has published an article about the IFAT Africa Alumni Serminar organized by GAWN in 2017! Read it here
Seminars on water issues for and with Alumni >>
Expert Meetings at International Trade Fairs
These forums provide opportunities to meet in person. International alumni and representatives from academe, business, industry and politics will share research results for solutions on country-specific problems in the water sector >>
Online Forum at Alumniportal Deutschland
Alumni data of several German study programs with a focus on the water sector are integrated into the GAWN database.
Registered users have unrestricted access to the database.
International alumni may locate internship opportunities, research partners or potential employment.
Contact and Coordination
Centre for International Capacity Development
Telefon: +49 271 740 3394
Working Group GAWN
- DWA - German Association for Water, Waste water and Waste
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, ITT - Institute for Technology in the Tropics
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Institute for Sanitary Engineering
- University of Bonn, Institute for Geography
- University of Siegen, Centre for International Capacity Development
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty for Geoscience, Geotechnique and Mining
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Resources Engineering - a water oriented master study program
- Ruhr Universität Bochum, Institute for Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
- Technische Universität Dresden, Institute of Hydraulic Engineering
- Universität Rostock, Institute for Environmental Engineering