- Expert Meetings at Trade Fairs and Conferences
- Alumni Seminars in Partner Countries
You will be directed to the group GAWN member once you are registered on APD. Members will get latest informations on upcoming seminars and other news out of the water sector.
International DAAD-Alumni Summer School “Abfall und Wasserwirtschaft” IFAT 2010
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provided financial means to organize one International DAAD Alumni Summer School linked with the Trade Fair IFAT 2010. The DAAD Alumni Summer School “Abfall und Wasserwirtschaft” was organized by Universtät Siegen (Germany), from 5th to 12th September, 2010.
After the Seminar at Siegen, participants travelled to Munich to participate in a program organized by DAAD in co-operation with the German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste (DWA). A visit to the world largest international trade fair “IFAT” (on Water, Wastewater and Recycling) was part of the program.
The entire Summer School was scheduled from 5th to 18th September 2010
The main topic of the Summer School in Siegen was “Abfall und Wasserwirtschaft”. Papers of participants and invited guests, as well as group discussion covered the following subtopics:
- Integrated management of resources
- Wastewater treatment/ materials cycle
- Waste management
- Laws related to water and waste management
The summer school program included:
- Papers and case studies presented by the participants
(Alumni) and invited external experts
- Group work and group discussions
- Preparing for the international trade fair “IFAT”
German institutions active in GAWN
- DWA - German Association for Water, Waste water and Waste
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, ITT - Institute for Technology in the Tropics
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Institute for Sanitary Engineering
- University of Siegen, Centre for International Capacity Development
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences - Urban water management
- Justus Liebig Universität Giessen - Center for international Development and Environmental Research
- Technische Universität Dresden, Institute of Hydraulic Engineering and Technical Hydrodynamics
- cewas - a Swiss non-profit association specialised in improving business practices in water and sanitation
- Weltweit – Gesellschaft zur Förderung lokaler Initiativen e. V.