You will be directed to the group GAWN member once you are registered on APD. Members will get latest informations on upcoming seminars and other news out of the water sector.
Log in to the GAWN Member Group on APD
UPCOMING: Alumni Expert Seminar in NEPAL!
This applied research seminar is planned for 10 days in Pokhara, Kaski district in urban and rural settings with a group of Alumni experts coming from South East Asian countries.
Specific objectives of the seminars are:
To enhance competences of Alumni working in the water supply, sanitation and water management sector to adapt to increasing challenges of changing climate conditions and to challenges caused by natural disasters.
To enable participating Alumni from the Southern Asian region to transfer gained knowledge and experiences to their affiliated institutions and thus enhance capacity of the institution and allow for more regional cooperation in linking the nutrition sector with the water and sanitation sector.
To strengthen the German Alumni Water Network GAWN on a regional and national level, to deepen existing contacts to Germany, and to foster cooperation with German Universities and with German Institutions in the region.
To strengthen the competences of Alumni working in the nutrition field, especially commu-nity nutrition on intersectoral collaboration and networking with Alumni from the WASH and nutrition sector to enhance effectiveness of the sector specific approaches.
Contact and Coordination
Centre for International Capacity Development
Telefon: +49 271 740 3394
Working Group GAWN
- DWA - German Association for Water, Waste water and Waste
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, ITT - Institute for Technology in the Tropics
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Institute for Sanitary Engineering
- University of Bonn, Institute for Geography
- University of Siegen, Centre for International Capacity Development
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty for Geoscience, Geotechnique and Mining
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Resources Engineering - a water oriented master study program
- Ruhr Universität Bochum, Institute for Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
- Technische Universität Dresden, Institute of Hydraulic Engineering
- Universität Rostock, Institute for Environmental Engineering