You will be directed to the group GAWN member once you are registered on APD. Members will get latest informations on upcoming seminars and other news out of the water sector.
Log in to the GAWN Member Group on APD
International Climate Protection Fellowship
Interested candidates from developing and emerging countries can now apply again for an International Climate Protection Fellowship offered by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
The International Climate Protection Fellowship brings young leaders from developing and emerging countries to Germany for twelve months. Before submitting their applications, they must have selected and established contact with an appropriate host university or institution, where they will carry out free, independent research on a subject connected with climate protection.
The Humboldt fellows also engage in intensive discussion of their research findings, methods and techniques with their host institutions. Please be informed that the CICD at University of Siegen will not be available as a host institution.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation selects up to 20 young qualified leaders. To be eligible for an International Climate Protection Fellowship, applicants must have gained a first degree in the last 12 years. They must also have a further academic or professional qualification or have worked in their chosen profession for at least four years.
For further information and application, please see
And refer to the website of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
The application deadline is 20 March 2020.
Working Group GAWN
- DWA - German Association for Water, Waste water and Waste
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, ITT - Institute for Technology in the Tropics
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Institute for Sanitary Engineering
- University of Bonn, Institute for Geography
- University of Siegen, Centre for International Capacity Development
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty for Geoscience, Geotechnique and Mining
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Resources Engineering - a water oriented master study program
- Ruhr Universität Bochum, Institute for Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
- Technische Universität Dresden, Institute of Hydraulic Engineering and Technical Hydrodynamics