- Expert Meetings at Trade Fairs and Conferences
- Alumni Seminars in Partner Countries
- DWA Seminars
You will be directed to the group GAWN member once you are registered on APD. Members will get latest informations on upcoming seminars and other news out of the water sector.
Log in to the GAWN Member Group on APD
Alumni Expert Seminar in combination with the International Trade Fair IFAT Africa 2017
International DAAD Alumni Expert Seminar “Efficient Water Use – Waste and Waste Water Management”, 05th to 11th of September 2017
in combination with the International Trade Fair IFAT Africa, 12th to 14th of September 2017, Johannesburg, South Africa
Deadline for application: May 30, 2017
The Expert Seminar is scheduled from 05th September (day of arrival) to 15th of September 2017 (day of departure). The seminar will be conducted at Pretoria, thereafter participants will visit the international trade fair IFAT Africa http://www.ifat-africa.com/ at Johannesburg Expo Centre, one of Africa’s largest conference and exhibition venues in South Africa..
The Expert Seminar is organised by University of Siegen in cooperation with the German Association for Water management, Waste water and Waste (DWA).
The seminar will reflect the topics of the trade fair: “Water Sewage, Refuse and Recycling” with the objectives:
- to increase sensitisation for the sustainable use and management of the resource water
- to improve networking of the local actors, and
- to exchange experience and strategies available in the region regarding the efficient use of water and water distribution systems, waste water collection and waste water treatment, and technologies to measure and control water pollution including laboratory techniques,
In preparation of IFAT Africa, existing contacts between educational institutes, authorities and the business sector in South Africa will be demonstrated. Concepts shall be developed to improve cooperation on national as well as on international level on the African continent.
Eligible for participation are German University Alumni from African developing countries (DAC countries). A stay in Germany of at least 3 months for study, work or scientific research purposes has to be proven.
Candidates preferably are:
- Working in the field of water, water and waste water management or similar disciplines.
- Acting as multipliers, e.g. people who are decision makers or people who are in a position to disseminate the acquired knowledge.
- Postgraduate level.
Deadline for application has passed already on May 30, 2017
For questions, please contact
CICD Centre for International Capacity Development
Contact and Coordination
Centre for International Capacity Development
Telefon: +49 271 740 3394
Working Group GAWN
- DWA - German Association for Water, Waste water and Waste
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, ITT - Institute for Technology in the Tropics
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Institute for Sanitary Engineering
- University of Bonn, Institute for Geography
- University of Siegen, Centre for International Capacity Development
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty for Geoscience, Geotechnique and Mining
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Resources Engineering - a water oriented master study program
- Ruhr Universität Bochum, Institute for Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
- Technische Universität Dresden, Institute of Hydraulic Engineering
- Universität Rostock, Institute for Environmental Engineering