- Expert Meetings at Trade Fairs and Conferences
- Alumni Seminars in Partner Countries
- DWA Seminars
You will be directed to the group GAWN member once you are registered on APD. Members will get latest informations on upcoming seminars and other news out of the water sector.
Log in to the GAWN Member Group on APD
Alumni Expert Seminar “Science meets Economy” in combination with IFAT India 2015
International DAAD Alumni Expert Seminar
“Science meets Economy – Water and Waste Water Management”
in combination with the International Trade Fair IFAT India
09th to 16th of October 2015,
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) provided financial means for conducting an Alumni Expert Seminar “Science meets Economy – Water and Waste Water Management” to be held in Mumbai, India.
The seminar was conducted in close cooperation with the German Association for Water Management, Waste Water and Waste (DWA).
The Expert Seminar was organised by the Centre for International Capacity Development, Universität Siegen in cooperation with Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe - Institute for Sanitary Engineering, Hochschule Ravensburg-Weingarten, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay - Department of Civil Engineering, Mumbai, the Bangalore University, Civil Engineering Department, and the PDP University Gandhinagar- Department of Civil Engineering.
The Expert Seminar was implemented from 09th to 16th of October 2015, at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB) in Mumbai for three days, thereafter participants visited the international trade fair IFAT India for another three days. 15 Alumni from the South Asean Region took part in this seminar
The main objective of the seminar was to increase sensitisation for the sustainable use and management of the resource water and improve networking of the local actors. Sub-objectives included:
- Exchanging experience and strategies available in the region regarding water management in relation to energy and food security between alumni, involved institutions and local stakeholders.
- In preparation of IFAT India existing contacts between educational institutes, authorities and the business sector are demonstrated. Concepts were developed to improve cooperation on national as well as on international level in South-Asian region.
- Alumni demonstrated links between private sector, Government institutions and Universities and develop mechanisms to improve their relations. The network GAWN and activities of alumni related to the water management were highlighted at the IFAT India.
Three days seminar at the IIT Bombay. Presentations of alumni and German lecturers focussed on waste water and flood risk management, groundwater management, the cooperation of business sector with universities and public private partnerships in preparation of the fair. An excursion in the vicinity of Mumbai demonstrated existing German – Indian cooperation.
Three days visit of the international trade fair IFAT India. 136 exhibitors took part in IFAT India 2015. Again a very high percentage of them—56 percent—were from outside India. Country pavilions from Austria, China, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland featured at the show. The figures for attendance confirm the attractiveness of IFAT India 2015. More than 4,300 quality visitors came to the Bombay Exhibition Centre on the three days of the show.
Contact and Coordination
Centre for International Capacity Development
Telefon: +49 271 740 3394
Working Group GAWN
- DWA - German Association for Water, Waste water and Waste
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, ITT - Institute for Technology in the Tropics
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Institute for Sanitary Engineering
- University of Bonn, Institute for Geography
- University of Siegen, Centre for International Capacity Development
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty for Geoscience, Geotechnique and Mining
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Resources Engineering - a water oriented master study program
- Ruhr Universität Bochum, Institute for Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
- Technische Universität Dresden, Institute of Hydraulic Engineering
- Universität Rostock, Institute for Environmental Engineering