- Expert Meetings at Trade Fairs and Conferences
- Alumni Seminars in Partner Countries
- 2018 Nepal - Pokhara
- 2018 Sudan - North Kordofan
- 2017 Uganda - Moroto
- 2016 Uganda - Moroto
- 2016 Ethiopia - Tigray the Second
- 2015 Ethiopia - Tigray Region
- 2014 Kenya - Tsavo River the second
- 2013 Kenya - Tsavo River
- 2012 Sudan - Khartoum
- 2012 Vietnam
- 2012 Uganda - Mbale
- 2011 Kenya - Nairobi
- 2011 Uganda - Soroti
- 2008 Kenya - Meru
- 2007 Kenya - Meru
- DWA Seminars
You will be directed to the group GAWN member once you are registered on APD. Members will get latest informations on upcoming seminars and other news out of the water sector.
Log in to the GAWN Member Group on APD
APPLY NOW FOR DAAD ALUMNI SEMINAR IN NEPAL FOR ALUMNI FROM SOUTH ASIAN REGION:
On behalf of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) the Centre for International Capacity Development at University of Siegen is organizing the International DAAD Alumni Expert Seminar “Management of Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene linked with Nutrition security for Sustainable Development (WASH-NUT)” at Pokhara Nepal, 03rd to 14th of September 2018
Application deadline: 25th May 2018
The Expert Seminar is organised by the Universität Siegen in cooperation with the Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany - Center for International Development and Environmental Research (ZEU), College of Applied Science, Tribhuvan University, Lekhnath Water Supply and Sanitation Project, Kaski Nepal,, and Deutsche Welthungerhilfe, Country Office, Nepal.
ConceptThis applied research seminar is planned in Pokhara, Kaski district in urban and rural settings with a group of Alumni experts coming from South Asian countries. Academic discussion will be led by the College of Applied Science, Tribhuvan University. Proposed field assessment and visit will be conducted at Lekhnath Water Users and Sanitation Project, Kaski. Field study will be concentrated on Rural and Urban clusters covered by the Lekhnath Water Supply and Sanitation Project. It is one of the big water supply project run by the water user committee in Nepal. The project is a model on how a water safety plan with a component of climate change adaptation can be implemented and linked with a nutrition security concept in the region. Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Nepal Office will work as a support organization during the seminar.Specific objectives:
- To enhance competences of Alumni working in the water supply, sanitation and water management sector to adapt to increasing challenges of changing climate conditions and to challenges caused by natural disasters.
- To enable participating Alumni from the Southern Asian region to transfer gained knowledge and experiences to their affiliated institutions and thus enhance capacity of the institution and allow for more regional cooperation in linking the nutrition sector with the water and sanitation sector.
- To strengthen the German Alumni Water Network GAWN on a regional and national level, to deepen existing contacts to Germany, and to foster cooperation with German Universities and with German Institutions in the region.
- To strengthen the competences of Alumni working in the nutrition field, especially community nutrition on intersectoral collaboration and networking with Alumni from the WASH and nutrition sector to enhance effectiveness of the sector specific approaches.
Profile of Participants
Eligible for participation are persons, who meet the following requirements:
German Alumni from South Asian countries, working in the field of water, sanitation & hygiene and nutrition or similar disciplines. Preferred are those acting as multipliers, e.g. people who are decision makers or people who are in a position to disseminate the acquired knowledge. Out of 20 participants, 10 Alumni shall be from Nepal and 10 Alumni from the region (India, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Myanmar, China and Indonesia).
Application deadline: 25th May 2018
If you are interested, please download the CALL FOR APPLICATION and THE APPLICATION FORM, read it carefully and follow the instructions.
Contact and Coordination
Centre for International Capacity Development
Telefon: +49 271 740 3394
Working Group GAWN
- DWA - German Association for Water, Waste water and Waste
- Cologne University of Applied Sciences, ITT - Institute for Technology in the Tropics
- Hochschule Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Institute for Sanitary Engineering
- University of Bonn, Institute for Geography
- University of Siegen, Centre for International Capacity Development
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty for Geoscience, Geotechnique and Mining
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Resources Engineering - a water oriented master study program
- Ruhr Universität Bochum, Institute for Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
- Technische Universität Dresden, Institute of Hydraulic Engineering
- Universität Rostock, Institute for Environmental Engineering